Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Gift That Is A Reflection of Nature



This copper-coated Nambé Alloy with clear protective coating make this bowl a feast for the eyes.  It was designed by Lisa Smith who was inspired by her travels to the Grand Canyon, Arches National Park, Bryce Canyon and others. Those canyons are carved from water and wind. This bowl reflects the coppery sand and the desert flora,  The manufacturer notes: "Due to subtly varying verdigris (green patina), each piece is unique, a sculpture of contrasting color and texture. Measuring 4.5 inches in diameter and standing 2.5 inches high (13-inch, 10-inch and 7-inch diameter versions also available), this round bowl exemplifies the collection's drama. Designer Lisa Smith scallops the rim in a symmetrical pattern, and emphasizes the scallops' rhythm with ridged, wave-like verdigris sloping down to the bowl's flat bottom. A smooth band at the top glows with copper's pure warmth. Copper Canyon pieces are made of our signature Nambé Alloy coated with copper for heirloom-quality durability. A clear protective coating makes upkeep as simple as wiping with a damp or soapy cloth and reduces the need for polishing."  This gift is perfect for the bride and groom who enjoy the out of doors and hiking.  It's reflection of the beauty of nature makes it a wonderful gift to give to a couple on their special day. 

55 comments:

  1. I love this piece! The curves and the copper together make a nice display piece as well as a useful piece for your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going right on my registry! If no one buys it for me I'll buy it for myself for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll join the crowd, I hope there are some left for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do they make this in other metals as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of all the gifts this is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I could take it or leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the curves in this bowl! But not sure I love the copper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I'm a copper lover, I guess you don't even need to ask how much I love this! It's going on my registry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my sister has one of these, and as long as you follow the care directions they are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  10. like the shape, not wild about copper, pain to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The curves on this make it so graceful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Nambe, didn't realize they did copper tho, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to buy this for my best friend, she'll luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love giving gifts I would enjoy getting, and this certainly fits that description.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess I'll join the group, I love this too! Can't believe they aren't sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bloomingdale's comes thru again! I love that store! Their products, especially for gift giving, excel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Luv Nambe, they have a whole copper collection, pricey tho

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love nambe! It's such a pleasure just to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the flow along the rim, so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now this is a bowl I'd love to have..useful and beautiful. It almost makes me feel like I'm at the beach watching waves.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these! A classic bowl that with a design that will be attractive for years.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the classic curves of this bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You either love or hate Nambe, frankly it's not my favorite although i like the copper better than the other alloy they use.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Trust Bloomingdale's to have great products!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nambe makes such gorgeous and long lasting bowls and accent pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This bowl is incredible! A work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I saw this bowl in person a few weeks ago when I went to register, it's stunning, even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love copper! Half my kitchen is copper!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just picturing how great this would look on my table!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice gift! Count on Bloomingdale's to come up with quality.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this bowl! Not sure how often I'd use it, but it sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous! Something that will be a great accent no matter what your china pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nambe! It's not my mother's Nambe anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  34. nice bowl! wonder how you take care of the copper? anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nambe has once more given us a gorgeous piece of usable art for our dining room table.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nambe strikes again! Great product!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have a feeling these aren't going to be in stock if I put them on my registry! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the look of copper! My cannisters are copper, this would look great on my breakfast bar.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the way Nambe puts natural curves on all it's products. Love that they are making some in copper too!

    ReplyDelete